Monday 24 December 2012

Wet wet wet

Christmas Eve, of course I fancy a little ride to Sweets.  Obviously it was more with hope than expectation that I left home. Alright, so it would be a little moist, but since when did a little moisture ever hurt anyone?  Obviously it has been washing away Christmas more effectively than the Grinch, but pah.....

I am always in a muddle as to what time the ACG actually set of on the rides, maybe I should take more attention of the emails from Jennifer as she suggests.  Even though the time is always in doubt, I can be confident they will always turn up as arranged.  Mad fools! Martyn pitched up at pretty much the same time as me. Jennifer and Le Roleur arrived shortly after, bedecked (well lightly adorned) with some tinsel.

Then the hordes descended, more steam was being generated than a steam rally, and each group appeared to be wetter than the previous group! This did not bode well for the journey home, the prospect of the river now flowing down Mudgely Hill wasn't looking much fun. But we went and did it, and made our way home.  My suggestion of mudguards was met with a suggestion that I could spend longer on the front.  Not sure about that, maybe I'll just get s new coat!

Anyway Christmas in a few minutes, so time for bed.

It's definitely easier blogging on a mobile by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment